Sunday 8 May 2016

Peony petals suncatcher

I've seen tons of suncatcher ideas on pinterest and I've always wanted to try it with E. As the bunch of peonies I'd got from my mum for Mother's Day started to lose their petals, the right time came to make our first sun catcher.



As it was a sudden idea when E. started to play (collect and cut) the fallen petals I didn't have time for too much preparation.





I took out our sticky paper (originally it's self-adhesive school book cover) and drew a flower on it (the transparent backside) with a permanent marker. (You can cut a flower shape outline out of paper and stick on the sticky side but I needed to be on the double). I pulled off the white part and fixed it on the table (with cello tape). I also presented some leftover yarn and green leaves on a tray apart from the petals.


E. did the sticking.




I wanted to talk about the different parts of the flowers but she wasn't interested. Maybe at another time. She was too busy with the sticking.

Then when she told me she'd finished I put another sticky sheet over it (sticky side facing

down) and cut along the flower outline.

The last thing E. needed to do was to stick the suncatcher on the window (with some Cello-tape, but you can also hang it)



I'm sure we'll do some more suncatcher crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...