Friday 3 April 2015

Easter Bunny and chick craft

This year I've hardly had any time to prepare Easter activities. My main focus was to find fun crafts that are easy to prepare and I can find the necessary supplies here at home.



Pussy/goat willow (Barka in Hungarian) Easter Bunny 

I bought some branches of pussy or goat willow. Honestly, I hate the English name of this beautiful plant, so we just call it catkin, the name referring to this kind of flower.


Anyway, I picked the catkins off the branch, placed them in bowl. I printed a bunny (more precisely 2 types of rabbit colouring pages) from the net and stuck it on card stock. I also added some glue and the fun could begin.




My daughter's idea of fun was different. After having stuck 8-10 catkins on the body of the bunny she told me: - Let's do it tomorrow.


Then she left. She tried it with Daddy the next day and they finished the rabbits more or less. The heads were still missing.



We are almost there

So on the third day we managed to finish the whole rabbit.



Split pea chick (Sárgaborsó csibe in Hungarian)

On our usually grocery shopping I picked up a bag of split peas forgetting that E. won't eat it, so I used some of it in our craft. Again, I just printed a chick from the net served E. with the split peas (raw) and glue.



After applying the glue all over the chick with a paintbrush, she enjoyed sprinkling the split peas on the chick, then pouring the excess back into the bowl.







The final art pieces have been stuck on our living-room door.

I took the ideas (Catkin Bunny, I couldn't find the Split Pea Chick idea again) from Pinterest collections on Easter crafts.

HOPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...