Friday 26 April 2013

Helen Doron Early English - Baby's Best Start (Booklets and CDs)


Today we have received our package. We were told to wait at least 6-8 weeks for the course material, but it has taken only 2 weeks.

I have just gone through it and I'm quite happy with it. Or I can say more than happy. I found the material nicely designed on quality paper. We got a big Helen Doron (HD) bag, which has 3 pockets:



Baby's Best Start package


  • one for the CDs (4),
  • one for the Sunny the Cat booklets (4)
  • 4 bigger booklets with the lyrics of the songs, baby sign language, pictures of body parts, animals, flowers, birds etc.



Sunny the Cat series



I've read through the whole material and not only does it focus on the language (songs, rhymes, vocabulary, grammar patterns - of course not directly) but also on other fields of developing a baby (movement, senses - feeling, smelling, hearing, sight -, imagination). The baby sign language is more or less the same as the MAKATON signs, luckily. I was a little worried about confusing E. with other signs.




Few things I would change:
  1. the CDs should be in a proper case or two
  2. the paper of the Sunny booklets are quite strong, though they could be board books (I'm sure I won't give them into E.'s hands, she'd fold or tear the pages - I'm not planning to buy the whole material again for our next child)
  3. if we are given a bag it should be little more useful (bigger pockets, suitable for being carried by the mom, not only the child, which is actually impossible at this age anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...